Monday, March 15, 2021

Condoleezza Rice

 







Condoleezza Rice, November 14, 1954 (Birmingham, Ala.) -

VP candidate for Independent (2016)

Running mate with nominee: Henry Lovell Bartlett (b. 1963)
Popular vote: ? (0.00%)
Electoral vote: 0/538

The campaign:

Henry Bartlett, a businessman and math teacher in Marietta, Ga. ran for US President in 2016 as an Independent.

His campaign was pretty much under the radar, but an autobiographical profile exists on the webpage of a private school where he worked--
 

Math
Teacher: Henry Bartlett
Grade Level: 7-8 Grades
Subject(s): 7th Grade Math, Pre Algebra
Education:  B.A in Economics (UCSC), Mathematics Teaching Certificate (Bethany Bible College)
Church Name: East Cobb Presbyterian
Why I love teaching: I am a teacher/coach. It's what I was gifted to do. I certainly didn't know it growing up, though, as I was quite aimless in my pursuits. However, in my first day of teaching, before I had any education classes, it just felt so, well, comfortable and right. Since then (1988), I've been teaching math and/or coaching baseball to middle school and high school youth. I have been blessed to have been around some fabulous teachers during my 17 years as a teacher, and many of them have helped me grow as an educator. I enjoy seeing students learn, be successful, engage, and mature as people. While much of my time has been in the public school system, I've always been upfront about my faith. I enjoy interacting with students about deep but simple truths, whether they be spiritual or mathematical. My simple goal will be to have your student better educated and better prepared mathematically and spiritually for their next challenge.

Bartlett was a registered write-in for Minnesota, Montana, and Washington. In Minnesota he indicated his running-mate was Republican neo-con former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. He had managed to accomplish what the Republican Party never could, make Rice the VP nominee although it is highly unlikely she was aware her name had been registered as such. Although forever tied to what is widely regarded as the disastrous foreign policy and military legacy of the George W. Bush administration, Rice had moderate to liberal views on social policy even though that was not really in her bailiwick as a public official.

In 2008 and 2012 her name was brought up as a possible contender as a running-mate for Sen. McCain, and later with Gov. Romney. In 2016, according to Bob Woodward, the RNC attempted to have Trump step down from the race after his crude and juvenile boasting about assaulting women as revealed on the Access Hollywood Tapes. The plan was to elevate Pence to the top of the ticket and bring in Rice as VP.

Election history: none

Other occupations: Director of the Hoover Institution, US Secretary of State, National Security Advisor, Stanford University Provost

Notes:
Rice was a Democrat until 1982.
Originally had a goal of becoming a concert pianist.